Physical Therapy Facilities
Unlike a traditional Physical Therapist we are located in an out of town location to provide the best facilities possible to assist in your rehabilitation. Everything about our facilities is designed to de-stress you as you get the greatest benefit from treatment if you are relaxed.
We have plenty of onsite free parking, so you start relaxing from the moment you arrive.
Your visit will start with a visit to our Hydrotherapy Pool to relax your body and continue to the Infra Red Sauna in preparation for your treatment. These pre treatments will leave your body in the best possible shape for healing to take place during your actual treatment.
We have two state of the art hydrotherapy pools designed to optimise your body’s ability to relax. Patients are able to start rehabilitation earlier and recover much faster as result.
- Hydrotherapy will greatly reduce your pain.
- In addition it’s been shown to decrease joint stress.
- The buoyancy of the warm water aligned with the therapeutic hydro jets increases the strength and range of movement of injured areas in ways that are difficult in the conventional manner.
- In addition hydrotherapy will improve balance and coordination with the addition of a reduction of muscle spasms.
- As a result of improved range of motion and pain reduction this ultimately has the effect of increasings the clients feeling of achievement even in the acute stages of rehabilitation.
What you will experience in our Hydrotherapy pool
For your safety and comfort, sessions are conducted in a warm therapeutic pool with a temperature of 39.0 centigrade.
- We ensure you are fully hydrated at all times
- Each treatment programme is individually tailored to suit your specific needs
- Treatment is provided after medical clearance only – blood pressure and medications influence this therapy
- We use Hydrotherapy to complement the benefits of infra red Sauna therapy and thus allowing your body derive a deep state of relaxation prior to our hands on treatments.
- Just bring your swim suit and towel to benefit from the wonderful unique benefits of infra red Sauna and hydrotherapy treatments in our delightful panoramic country setting.
Some of the Conditions that Benefit from Hydrotherapy
- Achilles tendonitis
- ITB Friction syndrome.
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Repetitive motion injury
- All Sports Injuries/Rehabilitation
- Post Orthopedic surgery.
- Frozen Shoulder/ Rotator Cuff syndrome.
- Back pain and sacroiliac strains.
- Hip, knee, or ankle pain
- Prolonged inactivity/immobility issues.
- Fibromyalgia and other rheumatoid conditions
Infra Red Sauna
We have employed Infra Red saunas in our clinic for over 20 years. The main reason we use Infra Red Saunas (in combination with Hydrotherapy) is to get you relaxed and to improve your circulation. When you are relaxed and have improved circulation this improves the impact of our hands on treatments and allows you to recover more quickly.
As you might know, sweating is a great way to burn calories and rid your body of unwanted toxins. But how do you sweat when you’re injured, or unable to exercise? Not likely!
An infra red Sauna has multiple benefits, here are the main ones that can benefit you at our clinic.
Athletes like to sweat. An Infrared sauna helps your body to release a number of toxins, including heavy metals like mercury and lead, and environmental chemicals. The benefits don’t stop there. With infrared sauna technology, you can also loose weight, relax, relieve unwanted pain, increase your circulation, and purify your skin.
The Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
The body uses sweating as one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins, making it a crucial part of detoxification. When compared to traditional Swedish saunas, infrared saunas allow you to eliminate about seven times more toxins…..you can stay in longer but it’s not the ambient heat but your core temperature that is elevated.
Infrared sauna therapy promotes a deep relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress.This puts your body in the ideal place to receive deep tissue release and trigger point therapy.
It’s impossible to receive optimum therapy without being fully relaxed.
3. Pain Relief
If you suffer from muscle aches or joint pain, infrared saunas can relieve this form of inflammation by increasing circulation and deeply relaxing your muscles.
By stimulating your blood flow into the injured and painful areas, we are able to assist your body to heal at a far faster level, after all recovery is about blood flow, without restrictions.
4. Weight Loss
The heat generated by an infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase, which can also lead to an increased heart rate — the same increase in heart rate that you experience when exercising at low fat burning aerobic levels. When your body has to work harder to lower your core temperature or keep up with an increased heart rate, your body will burn more calories, resulting in weight loss.
An article, entitled the “effect of sweating” in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that a 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn roughly 600 calories. This is very important when you are injured and unable to workout! This sweating provides an outlet for calories to be burned, and a sense of relaxation to a body that is used to regular perspiration.
In addition our Health Coaching Program can include this as part of your treatment.
5. Improved Circulation
As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it.
Consistent infrared sauna sessions, especially in the middle-infrared level, can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery, and decrease pain and inflammation after intense exercise. This is also very beneficial post activity and post surgery.
6. Deep Skin Purification
Infrared sauna technology can help purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin.
We monitor all clients prior to the Sauna and ensure that you are well hydrated during this experience with our beautiful spring well water.